Expanding the Roadmap
Now that I have a foundation for the Clay project's release roadmap, I'll starting filling in some plans the milestones will hopefully implement. Clay 1.0 is mainly a cornerstone release, not a lot of new features will be added between now and then. It's missing a lot of features I have been wanting to add, but most of those are applications that will be worked in through the regular release cycles.
Here's the unofficial breakdown of changes to come:
- 1.0 - Between now and the August 1.0 release, I'm mainly plan to tackle documentation and making Clay easier to learn.
- 1.1 - By December I'd like to have some key features built in that are lacking from the Core, such as hooks and interactions between applications. I also plan to have more applications and themes included in the regular release.
- 1.5 - This release, planned for February '14, will include a built in development environment and focus on completing the 1.0 series.
- The last major release of 1.x, releases working toward 2.0 begin here.
- 1.6 - The first release toward 2.0, a new application object and working toward generation applications from within Clay's built in development environment.
Log in to comment