L&M Realty Group -


04 Jan 16

5:37 pm
So... apparently the editor works just fine.  The problem may be with bootstrap.
Edit: The problem is actually the width of the editor, or so it seems. Looks like I may have to look for a different way to use the editor on smaller screens.


5:34 pm
I'm going to be working on some publishing features that I plan to put on this site. I'm not decided on how feature rich in want to go, since I kind of like keeping it simple around here, but too simple is boring. A lot of it will get pushed to the Clay repo as well. I'm thinking some social network mixins and a photo gallery would be nice additions. I also need to work on this text editor on mobile...

03 Jan 16

5:56 pm
I hate moving...spent all day getting stuff ready and not even close to done. Also hate most of my stuff is 220v and I can't use it in the States. I really need to add some features tonthis site too...boring!

02 Jan 16

7:14 pm

Star Wars Episode VII

I took my kids to see the new Star Wars movie today. I thought it was good and don't agree with a lot of the criticisms. So here's my take. "Too Retro": I've heard a lot of people complain about how much it was like A New Hope. Those are probably the same people that complained because Episode I wasn't enough like A New Hope. It was a lot like it, but it was obvious Disney wanted to show it wasn't going to mess up the franchise, at least not out of the gate. "Rey was subpar": BS. Rey was a BA and while I felt like the directing was forced, no pun intended, at times, I thought Rey was played on point. "How was Rey able to do ________": she lived on her own, of course she is going to have some fairly different talents. And....there are quite a few more but its a freaking movie. Maybe if some people worried as much about real life as they do their favorite movie franchise the world would be a little better place. My kids loved it...

01 Jan 16

5:49 pm

Blog Every Day

So, that's one of my resolutions this year...although it may be impossible considering I'll be relocating soon. One of my other resolutions is to have my new project live by this time next year. Also probably not possible, considering scale, but it's a goal at least. I have been coding regularly, but I find myself fixing little things in Clay more than the new stuff. I have some architectural plans to work through, so I'm kind of taking my time right now. I know how I want to do it, but I don't have the resources for that. My goal is to do it the way I can and hope to secure enough capital to transition to something that will scale better. It will scale either way, but it could be more cost affective. I'm also fighting not to release it as open source. Guess I'm just not used to not releasing what I make. Happy New Year!

31 Dec 15

10:49 pm
Happy New Year (in Italy) and ROLL TIDE!!

29 Dec 15

7:14 pm
I was thinking earlier about how the past Internet giants fell. We had AOL, which to many of us was the Internet. Then Yahoo!, which gobbled up countless other web companies and slowly shriveled. MySpace was the beginning of mass social media. Where are they now? Still here, but not competing. Many big companies survived and are still kicking, thriving even, both those were considered giants and fell. How long can Facebook continue its run? I it here to stay or will it fall to something better? Can there be something better or would people just continue to use Facebook? Personally, I think there can be something better and will be. I think Facebook can fall. I don't know if it will, but I see a decline or at least a stagnation. That, to me, means there's a chance in 10 years Facebook could just have been the next MySpace and the previous to something better. Just a thought :)

28 Dec 15

5:08 pm
I've decided to start blogging about more than just Clay all the time. That of course means I'll be adding some features here to accommodate my new desire to blog more :) It'll probably be mostly rants, ideas, and the occasional useful info.

27 Dec 15

8:11 pm
One of the new apps I'm working on is called Assistant, which will be the help center I talked about a while ago. I'm still working out exactly how I want it to work, but the idea is to use plugins from apps that provide help for whatever you are doing on the site. When Assistant is loaded, it pulls whatever info has been registered for the application you are in. I'm also planning on building the Clay docs into it. The coolest thing I've thought of for this app is a way to link to a repo, so the docs can be pulled from one place for a certain app and always be accurate. More on that later.

26 Dec 15

12:38 pm
I pushed the error handler to Clay's repo yesterday. I left it part of the dashboard for now. The next dashboard will be a little more flexible, so I decided to keep it coupled for now. The error handler is pretty simple. It intercepts error messages and logs them. If a specific error occurs more than once, it increases a counter and keeps the time and date of the original error message. When an admin logs in, a notification shows up on the dashbaord. The admin can then view the errors, along with how many times it occurred and any kind of debugging data is available. The admin can clear a single error or clear the entire log. It doesn't catch exceptions, yet, but I plan to have them log as well. It's actually a nice feature, because the way the template engine works some errors were getting suppressed and only showed up in the server log or in HTML source. Now I don't have to check logs and get a lot more info for debugging. There are a few things I'd like to add, but I'm happy with it for now.