I've uploaded the newest ClayCMS theme here. It's called simplestyle_4, based an HTML template of the same name. There is a link in the footer to the site that offers the template. I'd like to design a new theme myself, but this is still a huge step up from what I had on here before.
Working on themes always makes me think of Blocks. I think a blocks system will be in an upcoming Goal Week very soon.
I've been working on my new theme for Goal Week. It's based on an open source template, since I don't have time to entirely design one myself. It's looking really nice and already puts this one to shame, which I did design. Of course this theme, named empty, is supposed to be an example theme - simple and to the point. I think I spent all of an hour putting it together and most of that was improving application templates. Anyway, I've spent a few hours adapting the open source template I downloaded and it should be ready in a few days. I'll probably put it on the site once it's finished (which is relative since nothing is ever finished).
So I finally go the site updated, what's next? More updates. There are lots of things left to do. I need to finish my HTML filter, so I don't have to filter all HTML out of my Blog posts. I need to add the Application admin to the Dashboard, as well as some of admin hooks. I also want to get the user profiles finished and allow users to register here. once users can register I will add make it so the Blog app becomes multiuser. I'm trying to decide on how to do a comments system also. I still have to finish writing the docs for Clay Framework and start on the docs for ClayCMS. I still need to add admin components to System, Privileges, and Users application. There are lots of things left to be done...
My goal this week is to make a new theme for this site. It will hopefully be ready by the end of the week. If not it will make it into my (new) regular update schedule 2 weeks from now.
The next version of PHP, which I am running here now, makes PHP a stricter language. That's good, but when you've been writing code for a long time sometimes you do not realize you are doing something wrong if it works. That has been the case here. I noticed some PHP warnings showing up a few weeks ago here. They had upgraded PHP to the latest RC, which I unfortunately run PHP 5.3 on my developer machine (not for long). The code on this site was almost a year old and I checked the code I would be uploading to check for any coding errors. It looked correct in my dev code. Unfortunately I had a class method returning a string, but some code that was using was older and expected an array. This was cauing warnings to show up, as it was being treated as an array, which is wrong.